Sunday 21 August 2011

Brain Crack and Richard



To the non regular readers of this blog, simply stating "I LOVE RICHARD" over the past few blog posts might seem like I am just a little too into a certain gent. I LOVE RICHARD is a film created by Ollie Bostock which has been in production for a very long time. It has been described by Ollie as being his "project in-between projects" and a lot of love has gone into it. Plus we have also probably got the largest collection of printed pictures of the infamous Richard Madeley.

Ollie popped up to Newcastle this week to finish the last couple of shots ready for his final editing session on it. I put the finishing touches to the DVD cover which is getting printed this week, and gave him the opening titles (above) all ready to burn his DVD's tonight.

We also did some test footage for Johnny Burdock, our story-less film about a 50s detective. Thats pretty much all we had. So we did some effects tests with some footage from town and a shitload of Video Copilot stuff to pad it out. Looks pretty cool so far. Now we know that we can make such effects, we can just steam on with getting the film written, without the fear of technological disadvantage. We want this to be technologically ambitious, while being our most coherent story to date. I'm really looking forward to it.

Last night I got a rather heavy dose of brain crack thanks in part to this website. I then went on a very big design splurge and I have nearly finished my latest poster design which I am keeping a little secret for now. But I am so glad that I have the design of it down, feels like a weight has lifted a little. I almost wanted to stay up all night to complete it and just sack off going to work at all. But bills need paying. One day I will set my own sleep pattern.

It's been a productive week so far I think. Can't wait to see what next week has in store.

-Jonny

No comments: