Saturday 7 May 2011

Doctor Who: Day Of The Moon Poster

The second in a two part poster for the series opener of Doctor Who: Day of the Moon is now up!



You can purchase this poster, and last weeks Impossible Astronaut poster from my BigCartel store. This will only be available for 2 weeks starting now. So get it while you can! Because the series opener was a double episode, I made these two fit together quite nicely, also keeping it Red, White and Blue in keeping with the topic of the Doctor being in America. I think they match quite nicely :)



So as a thanks to everyone who has bought the posters so far, I thought I would share a couple of drawings from the designs so far. I do a lot of thumbnail sketches to come up with an overall feel for the posters before I go ahead and make anything in Illustrator. These first few would set the aesthetic off for the whole series, so I had to get these ones right really.







Already got a lot of inspiration from tonights episode, so expect to see the poster for The Curse Of The Black Spot as soon as next weeks episode is over. Gives you something else to do when the theme tune to "So you think you can dance" comes on.

Also, I originally stated on the Impossible Astronaut poster that the posters where going to be printed on 250gsm matte paper, which is what I believed that my last batch of posters where printed on. Turns out it was actually 170gsm silk. I tried out some 250gsm matte ones and they creased in the poster tubes and generally looked a bit naff. These new ones look pretty darn awesome, and feel a lot nicer on the silk paper :D

You can still pre-order the entire set of 13 posters to save a bit of money on them all and to save on postage. They come in 4 rolls and include another "special edition" style poster which I have yet to decide on :D Check them out HERE.

-Jonny

1 comment:

Tim Knight said...

Just discovered your blog thanks to the wonders of Tumblr. Ordered the Amy Pond poster immediately - but from the earlier link... hope that's okay, PayPal seemed quite happy to take my money;)

Can't wait to see what you produce for the rest of the season. Truly incredible, thanks for sharing.