Monday 7 June 2010

Jamie Smart Stuffs!

Around 5 years ago, I was taken on a shopping trip to Leeds with a friend of mine, and she made me buy this comic, called Bear. Ever since buying that issue (and the other 9 issues), they have completely turned around what I wanted to do with my life, and inspired me to create the design work I do today. And more importantly, to keep drawing. I have been a huge Jamie Smart fan from then on.

If you remember a few months ago, In my spare time I went ahead and made some Looshkin related content in Touch Designer, Starting with a Looshkin clock and climaxing with an interactive Looshkin. I sent him the links and he was kind enough to get back in touch! He told me he really liked my designs and that he will feature me in his blog sometime.

A few months later and on his blog he does a fantastic feature on my work! For those who can't wait to see what he said about me, here is some of it...

"So there’s this guy called Jonny Eveson, and by all accounts he’s a bit of a demon with graphic-nobbery (i’m not sure the correct technical term, though that’s probably close?). He showed me some of the things he’s been doing with Looshkin as testers recently (we’ve also been talking about working on something together), all of which you can see on his youtube channel HERE. From rotating heads to Looshkin clocks, he’s quite the inventor!"

-Jamie Smart


Its amazing that he will give my work the time of day, let alone actually liking anything I produce. I look forward to working with Jamie in the future, making something fantastic, as only he can.

No comments: