Sunday 7 March 2010

More Touch Designer

Touch Designer sounds like a bit of a perverse bit of software (not to say that you can't make something with it that IS perverse) but the name aside, it happens to be a very intuitive piece of technology. There is something that I like about things that have a particular order to them. And Touch is no exception. It uses a series of Nodes to make things! and you can trace each node back to its origin. Its really quite lovely. Nonetheless, its still really really difficult to use, and I know I'm only scratching the surface of its capabilities.

I had another go on it the other day, this time making a character that was controlled by time! Not in the DeLorean sense but a character that shows you what time it is by where his arms are. And to make it more lovely, his head moves with each second that passes. I made two versions, one out of cubes to start with, then started modelling with Metaballs. Which I keep accidentally referring to as Meatballs. Take a look!



Just another step on the tedious ladder to creating a lovely interactive character that looks like this:



Wish me luck!

No comments: