Tuesday 16 February 2010

Seeing the world in Red and Blue

Hey!

Spent the day making several pancakes thanks to my good friend Betty Crocker. Im a bit full now though.

Tonight for me is 3D night! Using my favorite placeholder I have put together a 3D camera rig in Maya. Took a few goes to get it right.


If you happen to have a pair of RB3D glasses, put them on. It works!

For now I am using traditional Red and Blue 3D glasses. Its a bit of a step backwards technology wise but its the same principal as RealD 3D. Each lens, whether it be from polarization or from just canceling out the Red and Blue values, transmits a different flat image from each eye, creating the illusion of 3D. Hopefully I plan to make a 3D animated film for my final year project. That will more than likely be in Red and Blue 3D, but if it reached a wider audience, then its easily transferable to Real D.

I am just at the moment rendering out my Maya camera rigs to see how a moving image works in 3D. No doubt that test will go on YouTube for everyone to take a look at!

-Jonny

No comments: